Saturday, March 8, 2008

AECT Dance Party in SL



The Association for Educational Communications and Technology hosted a dance party on the roof of their building on Eduisland in Second Life Thursday. It was well attended, particularly including many folks new to SL. For those of you who have not been to a dance in a virtual world, all I can say is try it. Virtual dancing struck me as a silly idea when I first heard of it, but I have been to a number of SL dances since then, and have enjoyed every one. The ability of Second Life to host such social events is one of its charms.

MaryLee Sewell was clearly into the music that night. MaryLee is the avatar of the real life Marry Herring, president elect of AECT, and a very graceful virtual dancer. Ize Mesmer (rl: Cheryl Comstock) gets the credit for organizing the dance.

AECT is planning a series of presentations in SL. I am currently scheduled to give one in the summer.

No comments: