Sunday, October 28, 2007

Membership

Don't ask me why I would attend the membership meeting, since I have long been one of AECT's least active members, but I have actually been tracking AECT from a distance all these years (I last attended in 1993) including the organization's downward plunge and subsequent recovery. As was pointed out at the meeting, even in its most troubled moments, AECT was alive and kicking. But there is no question that the outfit is staging something of a comeback, and it was good to see that things really are going well at the moment. Much of this comeback should be reflected in the new aectnow.org website.

Also, like all instructional media outfits, AECT is very much focused on the future. As an old history major, and the brother of a historic preservation officer, I was glad to see that AECT is making an effort to collect its own memories, including doing with its senior members what many of us are doing with our elderly kin, interviewing them on video while they are still here to be interviewed.

No comments: