Thursday, October 18, 2007

MEA/MFT

Today we all went to the Montana Education Association / Montana Federation of Teachers convention in Belgrade. This was handy for me, since I live in Belgrade. I gave a presentation on Web 2.0. For handouts, I created a tag on my del.icio.us page, MEA-MFThandouts, and put that tag on all the information I wanted to distribute to the class. My handout was a single sheet of paper with that address, del.icio.us/willfree/MEA-MFThandouts. This solved the problems of paper waste, not knowing how many people would be attending and how many copies to make up, and copyright, since I did not give out copies, just a link to links to the content. The folks who got the handout only have to type in one address to get access to everything. And I can even add content to the handouts after the presentation is over, which I will actually do.

After the presentation, I sat at the Department of Education booth on the show floor. Nun, Yvonne Hauwiller and Jioanna Carjuzaa came by, but I did not get to see any of the other Thai folks today. Next week, I will be in Anaheim, California for a conference, so I will not get to see you all again. But I will try to stay in contact through this group.

No comments: